Saturday, February 20, 2010

He’s Just Not That Into Me


The day after Valentine’s Day I got out of my Monday Morning Meeting to find a copy of “He’s Just Not That Into You” on my desk.

At the time I was a little put out, but it was from one an old friend who is an avid blog reader who thought it would give me some inspiration. And she was correct.

I bought this book when it first came out many years ago I purchased it and thought that it was by far the best dating book I have ever read. And over my years in London and with c*nts of ex-boyfriends who I was desperately in love with, I forgot about the basic principals of this book.

If a guy likes you, he will call you.  There is no excuse for cheating.  If he’s still seeing her he’s not with you.  If he only wants to see you at 3am or drunk – he’s just not that into you. 

One of my very best friends Pete is very anti-dating books.  And for the most part I agree.  But I could have saved myself a lot of grief over the past year if I had just listened to this book.

I would have realised, very early on, that the members of the manchise were just not that into me. 

My new years resolution to stop whoring around is going to be expanded this year to include the sub-clause – I am not going to chase boys anymore who are not into me. I sent a final email today (can’t help myself with that boy). And now that is it.  I am lovely and obliging and any man would be lucky to have me.

No comments:

Post a Comment