Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Third Wheel


I have come to the dramatic conclusion that being single is only fun if you have other single people to go out with. 

When you are single amongst a sea of people in happy (and not-so-happy) relationships, then you either suck it up and be a third wheel or stay home.  I mean there is always the option of going on those "Girls Night Outs" where a bunch of girls leave their other halves at home and get obscenely drunk and dance, but you all know that I would rather have a lobotomy then endure too many of these.

I like being single, but the benefits of singledom are more prominent when  people want to go out and play.  Otherwise you just kind of get left behind. 

So for now I have to endure being the third wheel once more, standing by whilst the happy couples smooch away or worse pretending to ignore it when they are snapping at each other.
Thank goodness for wine and romance novels is all I can say

No comments:

Post a Comment