Monday, September 13, 2010

Blog Before Breakfast #1


My dear friend Hawkeye says he reads blogs before breakfast, which I thought was a delicious title for a once a week series of drabbles that I can write quickly before breakfast, and one could read quickly before breakfast, that have no greater purpose than to perhaps elicit a small chuckle before a dreary day at work.  

For the first, I thought you’d enjoy this conversation I recently had with my mother..

“What do you want for your birthday”

“A sewing machine”

“Not a chance in Hell”

“A world globe”

*raises eyebrows*

“Ok, how about a year’s supply of shampoo, conditioner, cleanser and st..”

“Don’t be stupid”

“How about some money for my trip”

“No, I know what I’m getting you, you are all sorted”

And the point of that conversation was? I shall never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment