Thursday, September 23, 2010

Housesitting Confusion

I've been housesitting for some very old friends the past few days (without internet access to update my poor neglected blog).  These few days have been spent in complete and utter confusion. 

Disregarding the fact that the TV has to be switched on at the wall,or that the bathroom sink has hardly any space to put your makeup, what left me in a state of complete and utter confusion and frustration was the stove top. 

I've grown up with either Gas or electronic elements that have a very handy and easy to use knob.  You turn the knob to what temperature you want and off you go! This system has been working for many generations, but apparently some clever bugger has felt the need to change it.  

This stove top, apparently is an "Induction" stove top.  It has some little touch-screen like button on it, which beep at you when you press them.  Not only that.. it will ONLY work if the pot is ALREADY on the element. Something magnetic about it makes it go "right I should heat up now".

I found all this out on Wednesday. After spending Tuesday night swearing profusely at a stove. 

Readers will know that I'm not totally up on technological advancements. Despite the impression I may gave I am not entirely against technology (I even recently upgraded my phone!) but give me an on/off switch any day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment