Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Excited Much?

Ever since I was a little girl I have been prone to excitement.  I'm not sure whether it is because I'm an only child and my birthday is at the end of the year.. but I look forward to things with a joyful passion not seen since man discovered that if you let grapes fester long enough you get a delicious inhibition lifting drink. 


And so, as I sit at my desk before work on this sunny October morning I can barely contain myself as I think about the upcoming months. 


In 18 Sleeps I'm going to a 5 star resort for a day in the swim-up pool bar
In 21 Sleeps I turn 27, and that means presents and cake
In 30 Sleeps I get to go and see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
In 43 Sleeps I fly to London to see my darling friends, shop and drink
In 60 Sleeps I fly to Morocco for a little side trip to the exotic. 


Seriously, I only have 30 days of work left for the year, 2 of which are our AGM so that's only 28 actual work days left! How am I supposed to buckle down and be productive when I can almost smell the London air and feel the black snot up my nose from the tube? 


But I must control my urge to go and dance on the morning tea table and shouting "I'm going on holidays!" and behave in a professional like manner until AT least 2 more sleeps until my holiday.  


Then I think I am allowed to act silly. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment