Tuesday, November 9, 2010

27 Today

Today with much trepidation I turned 27.. leaving the era of "mid-twenties" behind and officially entering my "late-twenties".

I feel that a lady of my age, should perhaps be a little less excited about my birthday.  But this morning at 6 am I was awake and knocking on my parents door (that's right.. 27, single and living with my parents) to see what presents awaited me.

The sad thing is as you get older, the less fuss is made, when really I think more fuss should be made. I mean, I have survived 27 years in this dangerous world. A ten year old has only made ten.  Surely I have more reason to celebrate than them?

An entitlement to celebrate myself and the year that has been I think is completely valid.

So today I celebrate that since I turned 26 I have:

  • Left my crappy supermarket job and got a real job
  • Erased my debt with UK credit card providers, Australian credit card providers and Bank of Daddy
  • Been on 4 dates
  • Kissed only 3 boys
  • Resolved to stop allowing unworthy gentleman access to my lady parts (and hence have gone through many packets of batteries)
  • Completed half of a diploma in journalism and feature writing
  • Almost decided on what I want to do with my life
  • Put on 7 kilos and lost 4 (3 to go! Woo!)
  • Attended 1 High School Reunion
  • Battled with a stubborn case of adult acne
  • Got my very first family dog.. in fact my very first family pet ever
  • Have welcomed 4 friends babies into the world
  • Seen 6 of my lovely friends deal with nasty break-ups
  • Have been on 3 awesome trips – Bundaberg, Sydney & Byron
  • Watched many, many hours of The Tudors, Gossip Girl, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory and Modern Family
  • Spent countless hours daydreaming about the men of The Tudors and Gossip Girl (Chuck Bass, if you're reading.. feel free to have your way with me)

So as I prepare for a lovely home-cooked birthday dinner with traditional birthday trifle I’m thinking, despite first appearances, I’ve actually done alright for myself this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment