Sunday, January 9, 2011

Queensland Flood Appeal


Since I’ve been home it has pretty much rained constantly.  Not only that, it has pretty much been one of the wettest Decembers on record for Queensland.

I don’t often feel charitable, and when I do I keep it to myself, but the towns where I grew up are currently under water.

Thousands of Queenslanders have lost there homes, businesses, their possessions due to rain. Farmers have lost their crops and there are food shortages.

The funny thing for years we prayed for rain, having suffered drought and some towns running completely out of water.  But that’s Australia for you.. a land of “droughts and flooding rains”. 

So if you feel so inclined, please give to the Queensland Flood Appeal.  Nothing bad will happen to you if you don’t, and nothing good will happen to you if you do.. but you may be able to make a teeny tiny difference to someone that you have never met.   

You can see how to  donate online here with the Australian Red Cross or go to the QLD government’s donation page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment