Monday, February 14, 2011

Not like the movies


Another year, another Valentine’s Day, another year of me proclaiming how stupid the holiday is.

To tell the absolute truth though (and if I can’t tell the truth here where can I?) I secretly, deep down want a valentine.  Because the only Valentine I have ever really got what a “sorry for cheating on you” card from The Ex four weeks into that doomed relationship, which hardly counts. 

And for once, I wouldn’t mind receiving a valentine. Whether its via text message, email or a bunch of daisies (not lilies, they make me sneeze). I won’t of course, because life is not like the movies.

If life was like the movies then I would be going about my day when my dream man would walk in pick me up in his arms and walk me out whilst an 80s power ballad played in the background (I’m thinking something by Starship).

If life was like the movies then I would chase him down the street in a snow storm in leopard print knickers and he would love me “just as I am”.

breakfast_at_tiffanys
If life was like the movies then after a huge fight in a taxi, I would be looking for my cat in the rain wearing Givenchy (well my dog because I hate cats) and he would be watching me, our eyes would meet and we would embrace in true Hollywood style.



But, life is not like the movies. And so this Valentine’s Day I will drink wine and watch some of the greatest love stories of all time, wishing that it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment