Monday, March 21, 2011

Star Chart.


When we are younger, we are rewarded for our good manners, good deeds and good behaviour. The prospect of a treat had us remembering our please and thank yours and making our beds neatly.

But as you grow older, the mundane reality of having to be good and do good for little to no recognition sets in. So this year, I’ve introduced a little game which I am enjoying immensely. 

The concept of the Gold Star has been around for many years. At school my assignments were frequently adorned with a shiny gold star (yes, I was a teacher’s pet). So why not command the same with work assignments? If I have been super productive and produced excellent work in an efficient manner, well then damn it I deserve a Gold Star.

Likewise, If I’ve been working super hard to get into shape, denying myself all the delicious treats in life (oh wine, how I miss you), well then damn it I deserve a Gold Star.

Because let’s face it – life is to short and too much like hard work to not take pleasure in the little and silly things.

1 comment: