Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Standing in line

Something strange happened to me today. 

I was standing in line at the post office today with one of my colleagues, waiting to post eBay sales, having a disagreement (He likes to think he knows everything, therefore we disagree a lot). All of a sudden, halfway through conversation, the lady behind us interjected with "You are very entertaining". 

Thrown, we both descended into an awkward silence.  

Is it just me, or is it rather strange to interrupt someone else's conversation to tell them that they are amusing? I can't quite figure out whether it is incredibly rude, or if it is just a stranger making polite conversation. 

Either way, she effectively put an end to an argument that would have carried on for most of the afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment