Monday, January 23, 2012

A Highly Strung Sunday Morning

You may have realised by now, that I am not the sort of person who embraces change.

But lately change has been forced upon me, and my grand plans for 2012 thwarted. I like to be in control of my plan, and when this control was snatched from me it has, somewhat left me frazzled.

It is, I think, for this reason that I have been losing the plot slightly and getting stressed out at the littlest things. Yesterday, I got into a right old strop because the alarm didn't go off and we were left running late. Angry at myself and sulky, the boy graciously put up with me before making a hasty exit from my bed and house.

I was thinking about this event this morning on my commute and I've come to a rather profound conclusion. When times are turbulent and you aren't sure what lies ahead, what you are able to control becomes more important. So, when I arsed up something I had complete control over, I pretty much lost the plot.

Ideally, I need to learn to chill the fuck out. However I'm unsure whether 28 years of being highly strung can be changed overnight. For the sake of the boy though, I am willing to try.





No comments:

Post a Comment