Saturday, January 21, 2012

Lessons in Lipstick with Daniel Sandler

One of the perks of living in London is that occasionally I get to go to some fabulous events, like last night when Sophie and I popped along to a makeup and hair event at FOUR London.

Now, I am someone who is not adventurous with either my hair or my makeup, however I thoroughly enjoyed my evening and learnt much from the exquisitely wonderful makeup master, Daniel Sandler.It turns out that even I, a freckly ginger, can wear red lipstick. 

The evening reminded me that in fact, makeup is a wonderful thing. Yes, sometimes I really can’t be arsed wearing it however whenever I do spend ten minutes putting in some extra effort I always feel 10 times more awesome 
than if I have none on. It shouldn’t, but it does make me feel more confident when I’m out and about.

So this morning, after expelling the sleep from my eyes I applied foundation, powder, concealer, primer and attempted a toned-down replica of Daniel’s smokey eyes, topped with lots of mascara on my lashes. And to finish the look, I stained my lips with a light red gloss.

I have to admit, knowing I looked good (if I do so say myself) put a little strut into my walk as I undertook my daily commute, and I arrived to work in a thoroughly good mood.

New resolution for 2012: Wear more lipstick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment