Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A grim outlook

Reading the paper on the way home from work yesterday was just freaking depressing. All doom and gloom, double-dip recession, excessive government spending, the Eurozone, North Korea, shops closing their doors. 

It seems the media want to terrify us into believing the worst for 2012. I ended up leaving my 20 minute train journey feeling utterly despondent. 

But then I got home, and I busied myself by doing 2 loads of washing, changing my sheets, wrapping some last minute presents, shaving my legs and cooking pasta. It's a well prove fact that doing things and the old "keep calm and carry on" mentality is an excellent distraction from the woes of society. 
I also went to the library and got a lovely romance to read so I don't have to read the gloomy paper on my journey home. 

The world economy may very well be going up shit creek, paddle-less but my plan is to be sensible with my money, save, don't book any trips to Korea and stop reading the paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment