Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fifty Shades of.. Meh Part 2

So I recently finished reading the 50 Shades trilogy... and I'm still waiting for all the scandalous sex that has had women worldwide a flutter for the past year. 

My original thoughts (which you can read here) that it would be no worse than a Mills and Boon was confirmed by the end of the first book, and the second and third book had hardly any shenanigans
at all - unless you count the stalking and murder plots (which I don't).

Don't get me wrong - I was hooked, completely and utterly. But I didn't enjoy the fact I was hooked and couldn't wait to finish the damn things so I'd be done with it.

And while I embrace the whimsical and romantic wholeheartedly, I found that there were far too many implausible scenarios - which I won't spoil for those who haven't read it yet.

For what it is though - it does the job. It has introduced women to erotic fiction (I won't go so far as to call it literature - Lady Chatterly it is not) on a wide scale and I believe that this can only be a good thing.

I congratulate EL James on her success, but my rechargeable batteries were not needed this time around.


No comments:

Post a Comment